Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Succulent Propagation

  So, I found some succulent leaves on the ground and I noticed that they were starting to root and develop roots.  I thought that it might be able to turn into a whole succulent plant so I took it back home with me.  I put it on my windowsill with a moist paper towel.  When I first saw the succulent leaf it looked like this:
    So far, it is nearly ready for planting and starting a whole new plant.  This is one of the easiest and fastest ways to start a succulent instead of buying or saving seeds and risking having a 50% germination rate. On the other hand, leaf succulent propagation has like a 75% chance of germination rate!  I only had one that was dormant.  I have two other ones that look just like this.  Tomorrow, I am going to put it in the soil and hopefully it starts a new plant!  Hopefully you guys found this useful!  Like I said this is one of the easiest ways to propagate succulents.  

No comments:

Post a Comment