Monday, March 4, 2013

Pots for Root Vegetables 2


  Just a little recap from last weeks post. So, last week, I bought a pot to grow root vegetables in, and I don't know which plant to grow. I am thinking about growing potatoes, carrots, beets and etc. Today I am going to talk about why I want to grow carrots in the pot.

So, I've been thinking long and hard about why I would like to grow carrots in my pot. Well, I have grown carrots before and they have turn out to be a success. I want to grow carrots because it's almost a fail-proof vegetable unlike most other roots. Also, I would like to try growing heirloom and different colored carrots as well as it would be a nice thing to try. Also, with carrots, you can eat them straight from the ground, which I really love about carrots. I love the carrots nice, crisp, crunchy taste about them. I also find carrots to be a comfort food, like when I'm hungry, I can always pull out a carrot, peel it and eat it just like that.  

A reason why I was a little reluctant to grow carrots is because they are so cheap at the supermarkets like Safeway or Costco. One reason, why I decided to grow carrots is because you know you aren't getting hormones in your food. Also, for some odd reason, carrots taste better when home-grown. Maybe it's the freshness of the carrot or the fact that you grew it yourself, I really don't know, all I know is that it is without a doubt in my mind, it's true.

Now, I have even more plants to think about! I have to choose between potatoes, carrots and the upcoming posts! Hopefully, my mind will be made up before the week is over!

No comments:

Post a Comment