Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Raised Garden Bed

   Like I said in my last post, Pots for Root Vegetables 6, I have a raised garden bed.  While my Internet was having issues, I decided to make a raised garden bed, for some vegetables.  So far, I have made some plans in the future for what I am going to plant.  Here are is one of my blueprints on what I will try to grow later on in the spring/summer. Hopefully all will go as planned!  The type of beets I am wanting to grow is Dark Detroit Red and am open to other varieties.  If you guys know any beet plants that you would like me to grow, just send in a comment and I will most likely grow it.  Also, as you can see in the picture, I am wanting to grow carrots. if you have read Pots for Root Vegetables 5, I have had some carrot seeds before.  Luckily, I had gotten two seed packets.  Hopefully my chickens won't do the same thing that they did to my carrot plants last year.  About radishes, I still have no clue on what I want to grow.  I am wanting to grow a different colored radish than you buy at the stores so I can try something new.  Hopefully, all goes as planned!  Tomorrow there will be a follow up post on my raised garden bed showing you what it looks like!

No comments:

Post a Comment